Monday, April 14, 2008

Pouch madness

Does this look like a pile of 59 pouches waiting to be sewn?
Remarkably compact really, considering it took me at least 3 hours to cut them all out.

I am not brave enough to show you the pile of fabric/debris from whence they came! Suffice to say that would be an overshare into my world of mess.

However, here is the first of the completed ones - it is earmarked for a colleague. I'm pleased with the colour combo.
I wonder when/if I'll ever get to using the trims from this stash? I especially love the wide watered taffeta piece.Some of these I bought in Florence last year. I really must photograph the Japanese stuff, vintage obis and yukatas, that Lesley and I indulged in last month.

As a final insight into my sewing den (of iniquity) I include a photo of my trusty Pinnock sewing machine, which I have had for 18 years and I love to bits. It was misbehaving as I was sewing up the green pouch (and its successor), so I felt it probably was very overdue for clean/ service / oil up. Oh my, it was. Poor little machine. It ran much better when I tested it afterwards.

This last is a photo of some flowers I had last year. They were photographed in my laundry, which was refitted completely in October 2006. I love the clean benches and am quite thingy about keeping this small area of my home pretty tidy. I can manage ONE room!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Ooh! More of your gorgeous pouches! Let me know when you blog about the stuff we scored from Japon, and I'll do one at the same time!
Fifty-nine, Laura? OMG!

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

59?!
Santa's workshop!
Good idea, and lovely too.
I like that you have a room you manage to keep tidy... I am trying to decide which room I might vow to keep neat and sweet.