Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Could I?

What possessed me?

I bought some sock yarn. GULP.

And DPNs.

And a pattern.

And I knitted a sample square (well, rectangle really and extrapolated). It was kinda OK. And the yarn, all stripey and yummy, knitted on those teeny needles. Uh-oh.

Holy crap. I'm a bit concerned. I may be in danger of knitting a sock (attempting to). If Don is lucky it will get a partner. And then he could have a pair of handknitted socks from his wife. It may take a while. Lets be honest, years.

He'd better not hold his breath.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Well, could it be the start of a Christmas gift? This year OR next? Something in the air, I think, is getting the yarn-buyers out from the shadows and hip-deep in projects....

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

I would be too scared to try socks... One thing is possible, with effort and concentration and a lot of luck, but to make a second, matching, equal... oh the anxiety!!
I laugh just trying to imagine it.
But there is the temptation and all of the lovely yarns... sigh! Do keep us posted, and we will cheer you on, however long it takes!

Lesley said...

Yay! Just posted today with pics of my bro's chunky socks... and I bought some wonderful yarn for socks from the knitting shop in Crossways. You can do it! It's so easy, and they knit up so quickly. It's the most achievable knitting project. Photos please.

Unknown said...

Blimey, it's contagious.

M said...

Once you've knitted a sock you'll never want to wear a shop-bought sock again.

And the best thing about blogging about it is that if you get stuck you can tell it to cyberspace and someone will be sure to help you out.

Thanks for visiting my blog at EasternMax, always happy to check out other Perth or Perth-expat blogs!