Sunday, June 15, 2008

Hubba hubba Buble

Oh. My. God.

The Michael Buble concert was BRILLIANT!!!

I was a fan before, but now I am completely smitten. What a voice.

Truth be told, he was singing just for me. I don't know who the rest of the people were at the venue tonight, but their intrusion did add a concert atmosphere. Nice of them to turn up really.

And the support act, Naturally 7? Also very, very good. Not a hardship to listen to at all. Here's a clip of them with an impromptu (?) performance on a Paris subway train.

Three hours of pure entertainment. Just a great night.

The hotel on Saturday night was a great idea. We haven't been so relaxed for months. The room was really comfortable. We had a 2-person spa, and a walk through the evening streets and a browse in a bookshop before a delicious dinner for two in a swish restaurant up the road. Slept like logs. Plans for another wander in search of breakfast was somewhat curtailed by pouring rain and wind, so we breakfasted at the hotel instead, which was pretty average.

And then back to the real world. It was such a lovely oasis. I think we'll make it a regular date. Sigh, contented sigh.

I start night shift tonight. It should be OK. I haven't done any for a few months. I might get to see a baby born (well, duh).

I'll catch you when I can.

1 comment:

alby said...

Aah, Michael.. I hear he puts on a good show, glad you enjoyed it!