Friday, June 13, 2008

47 years young

Hi- my name is Laura and I am fairly old. FORTY SEVEN to be exact! Today.
These are some rare self-portraits of me I just took with the webcam (it took a while to figure it out). At the exact time I was born.
Note the button necklace that has been attracting attention all day. I was feeling jaunty.


Its gonna be a big weekend. I'll make it last for 3 days.


Today I have been out for lunch with some dear friends I never see enough of.


Pizza and Black Forest cake with Mum and my brother in law and my kids tonight, then to the airport to get Don, who unavoidably had to fly to Melbourne on business today. He left home at 4am and gets back at 11pm. He left me some gorgeous flowers and bath salts, and tomorrow night we are having a grown-up night at a lovely hotel.


On Sunday my sister and I are seeing Michael Buble (squeeeeh). We're pretty excited!
Its been a big week with work. And craft. More time to post later.
Mwaah x x x

8 comments:

scrapthesurface said...

I am glad you are going to have a lovely birthday with family.

Happy Birthday... I am surely thinking of you today...
Enjoy my blog wishes...
Love your sister, Helen.

Anonymous said...

Old? OLD? Oh my. I turn 45 this year and never thought of myself as old. Oh you have really put the cat amongst the pigeons now.

Happy bloody birthday to you, by the way.

(Goes off muttering about 'old' ... ) ;)

(Seriously , HB and all!)

M said...

Happy Birthday! I hope my skin looks as great as yours when I'm 47!!

and, I LOVE the button necklace. What a great idea.

BTW, I don't make my birthdays last 3 days - I make them last at least a month.

Lesley said...

I can't believe I missed your birthday — Laura! I'm so sorry! Anyway, sounds like you had a great few days organised.
I've been trying to skype you, but you haven;t been green when I've been green and we've missed! Anyway, I'll talk to you soon.
Will's graduated! With a high school diploma! I'm so proud!

Love Ya

Les
XXX

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday. (Glad you're enjoying the bloglines.... iut makes life so much easier, doesn't it?)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday babe! Hope you have a wonderful night at the hotel :) Sounds like a fabulous idea for my husbands birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my far away Friend!!
Sounds like you are doing it right-3 days of special celebrations is well deserved!!
Namaste,
MB

alby said...

Happy belated Friday 13th Birthday :")