Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Quick update

Someone in the universe knows how to do this booking holiday time much better than me.

She is my manager. I sent her a balanced, insightful, self-deprecating (and only slightly whiny) email about my plight. And how I love my job, and want to further my career. About how it wasn't fair to move me to the ward just to get holiday out of them.

"Don't be ridiculous!" she said. "Everyone does it. So...first two weeks of February? Done. Sign here. We'll use the same method for June - you're first in line. Tell us when your dates are sorted."

Sheesh. (insert pic of blushing, sheepish and relieved look here)

Thanks for your sympathy and tolerance for my inexperienced whining. I wonder when I will be a real grown-up and understand the workplace better?

Now ... I wonder if Eagle Bay is available?

2 comments:

Lisa L said...

Ugh! Sooooo familiar, the problem with leave. Nursing - she sucks sometimes in that regard.

Lesley said...

What a relief! EB in the pipeline.